Dirty Corporate Tax Dodgers Infographic Sources
Information was based on publicly available data, but when you're trying to hide multimillion dollar profits from the US, sometimes companies don't want to share such information transparently.
Tax Rates & Revenue
- Gross Revenues, PreTax profits, and Federal income tax paid (current tax liability) based on data from SEC filings (company 10-k).
- Effective tax rate based on Current Taxes divided by pre-tax profits.
Lobbying & CEO Compensation
- CEO compensation based on SEC filings (company 10-k)
- Lobbying Data from Center for Responsive Politics http://www.opensecrets.org/index.php
- Chamber of Commerce: http://chamber.350.org/poster/
- Massey information: http://www.footnoted.com/my-big-fat-deal/blankenship-dont-cry-for-me-mas...
Costs to us
- Foreclosure Data from RealtyTrac 2010 Foreclosure Market Report http://www.realtytrac.com/content/press-releases/2010-year-end-foreclosu...
- Data from US Energy Information Administration
- American Lung Association Report: “Toxic Air: The Case for Cleaning Up Coal-Fired Power Plants” - March 2011 http://www.lungusa.org/assets/documents/healthy-air/toxic-air-report.pdf
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, “Full cost accounting for the life cycle of coal” - Dr Paul Epstein, Feb 2011 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2010.05890.x/pdf